Completion Status: FFXIII - 3% | FFVSXIII - 1% !

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

LOL?

or, do you want to start crying?

Click To View Scan Here..

For me, it could be good news :P That means , i have more time to save up for my PS3, just so i can play these two games. Do you think these two games would be further delayed? Despite earlier announcements of these two games available in 2007. :lol:

Not delayed for another 6 years, i hope. [hint: FFXII :roll: ]

Brian_WCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Brian_WCU
Member since 2005 • 313 Posts
I would say there is a 1% chance of it being released in 07'. At the best, it would be late december for japan release. Well, I say that, but I don't know how long they have already been working on it... I imagine it has been for a while. Although 3% might not seem like much, the hardest part is building the game engine and physics/mechanics. Once you have that and your story board, its a downhill run from there, with the delays only to add features to enhance the games side-quest and probably a handful of cut-scenes.
Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Darmi
Member since 2004 • 5562 Posts
LOL That means , i have more time to save up for my PS3, just so i can play these two games.kinetic-core
;)
Akroma-Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Akroma-Angel
Member since 2006 • 57 Posts

I will be getting a PS3 in march when it comes out here in europe.

I don't mind if the games are delayed as long as they are worth it.

FinalHorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 FinalHorror
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
Well 3% that ain't much. Maybe i can wait before i buy PS3 now:D:P
gilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gilbertus
Member since 2003 • 452 Posts
Call me crazy but didnt they said it was 80% complete!!!!! those liars! and NOW they tell us is only 3%!!! Looks like the only thing they have done is the frigging trailer TT. Theres absolutely NO WAY they can release either of those games by 2007... we might have to wait a couple of years... or more :(
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DRUNK_CANADIAN
Member since 2005 • 1972 Posts

PEOPLE PEOPLE, havnt you noticed Square-Enix's stupidity recently, they are becoming money grabbers, from MMORPG FFXI to multi ssyteming and multi releasign games, not only is this a money grab, but the quality is not the same as it ocne was as the instrumental designers who brought us previous FF are taken away....

Reality of it... this game won't be out in a long time, look at Crisis Core, it was expected to be released last summer, and as of  today we have seen no real progresss in development

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
I am not all that excited about this game. It doesn't look like Final Fantasy. It looks like Phantasy Star. SE should not attempt to copy Sega. Phantasy Star was a fantastic series, but sci just does not suit FF
RaiKageRyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RaiKageRyu
Member since 2004 • 4204 Posts
Yeah I know, right?! They said FFXIII was like planned or was somewhat in production for the PS2 and then they switched it to the PS3. So, one would naturally think a larger percentage, say... in the the two digits range would be expected. Not to mention, Revenant Wings is said to be about half done, which I guess makes sense... They want to get the whole FFXII thing out the way first.

Chances for either games to released in 2007 is slim to none. Best bet is late 2008/early 2009.
jebanchalista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jebanchalista
Member since 2003 • 96 Posts
Call me crazy but didnt they said it was 80% complete!!!!! those liars! and NOW they tell us is only 3%!!!gilbertus

The 80% thing was FFXIII's scenario, not the entire game. Its scenario was completed 80% when they said that.
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

I am not all that excited about this game. It doesn't look like Final Fantasy. It looks like Phantasy Star. SE should not attempt to copy Sega. Phantasy Star was a fantastic series, but sci just does not suit FFfs_metal

But think about it... it is supposed to look futuristic, for a next-gen FF for a next gen console. You can't expect a medieval FF for it, can you? It's not just Sci-Fi, fs. It's a world which matches crystals [magic] with science and technology. Probably, about how someone hates the way technology is makin use of magic, or how much technology has abandoned magic, something like that. Now, that's something quite original, and something to actually look forward to. :) I hope.

And, there's hardly a chance for it to not look like PStar, or star wars [ *gasps* Xenosaga too?on that point] while lookin futuristic. We have a very common image about futuristic things. We want to see floating vehicles, robotic monsters, silver-white background, and other high-tech stuff. And yes, now both FFXII and FFXIII makes me think of Star Wars. :lol:

Brian_WCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Brian_WCU
Member since 2005 • 313 Posts
they can do high-tech graphics without it being sci-fi, but I guess its their choice not to. Found it interesting that they actually planned it being on the ps2, then had to re-do all the battle systems, and animations that they had done over. Not a bad thing, just interesting.People are just getting to worked up over this, it will get done when its done, and it should be interesting to see how it turns out in the end. Hopefully it will be an amazing game with the new white engine they are developing, like to know more about it personally, other then it will be their tool for all ps3 games.
RaiKageRyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RaiKageRyu
Member since 2004 • 4204 Posts
And yes, now both FFXII and FFXIII makes me think of Star Wars. :lol:

kinetic-core

Yeah, I was really surprise by how eerily similar FFXII is to Star Wars in some ways.

Here's the allusions that came across me:

Balthier / Han Solo
Fran / Chewbacca
Strahl / Millenium Falcon
Atomos ships / Tie Fighters
Ashe / Leia
Imperial soldiers / Imperial Stormtroopers
Nethicite/ beam of Deathstar
Resistance / Rebel Alliance
Archadian Empire / Galactic Empire
All other races and monsters / All alien lifeforms

from the anime Last Exile:

Vaan / Claus
Penelo / Lavie

Of couse, this is in no way to suggest that FFXII is ripping off Star Wars or Last Exile. They are so different from each other, that they might as well be on opposite ends in a galaxy far, far away. Still, they are some relations you can make out between them though.